Earthquake Saftey

Since there aren't many earthquakes in Serbia and none of them very strong, I have never been taught on what to do in an earthquake situation. So based on the knowledge I gained in class this quarter, I would say that if Serbia was a place where strong earthquake happen, then for the safe spots in my house I would pick either for going under the dining room table because its one of the strongest tables in my house and I think it could stand the roof caving in because its very light. The only other place I would hide is the balcony because it is very strong since its made of cement and there are 2 metal structural beams running along the side. Also because there would be nothing to fall on me and very little danger of me falling off because there are walls an all four sides.

If I were to make a safety kit in case of an earthquake and I was stuck in(though I doubt it since the roof is aluminium and plaster) I would keep these things: first aid kit, sleeping bag, spare clothes, flashlight, batteries, canned food, water, small chainsaw, hammer, and tissues. If I'm going to be stuck in a hole for any amount of time, I would bring a PSP, and a android phone to call for help and to watch some videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment